Monday 20 July 2020

Secret Garden

Secret Garden
There is a secret garden
a place I often go,
sanctuary
in a world of chaos
where the colours of all seasons
are guaranteed
to be on show

So when I’m fractious, angry
or simply cannot cope,
recovery
in a world of turmoil
is walking through an everglade
where I’m inspired
by nature’s hope

My garden is full of people
around each shrub and tree,
our destiny
in a world of learning
locked fast in peace and harmony
with equal shares
the simple key

Forever in my garden
our essence is retained,
'Eternity'
in a world surviving
etched in chalk upon the pathway
this way of life
will be sustained.


'Eternity', a symbol inspired by Arthur Stace (Mr Eternity), an Australian soldier and reformed alcoholic who converted to Christianity and spread his message by writing 'Eternity' in chalk on paths around Sydney between 1932 and 1967. The eternity message came from Isaiah 57:15.


No comments:

Post a Comment